Friday, May 7, 2010

Job? I don't need no stinking job!

     Wait.  Actually, yes, yes I do.


     I took off this semester, from working, because I have been working my entire adult life and decided that, if I could budget, I could live off of student loans.  It has been great.  But, I now realize that school is about to be over and I have no idea what the heck I am going to do for the summer.  So, I have had some choices.  Here they are:



  •  Stay in university town area.  PRO:  I'll find a job that I can stay with through next semester.  CON:  I will have to go back to waiting tables.  And I will have to find that job.
  • Go back to the city that I came from.  PRO:  I KNOW that I have a job waiting for me when I get back.  CON:  I will have to go back to waiting tables.  Or my other gig as a tour guide.



     So you may be asking yourself, why are the CONS the same?  I don't hate waiting tables.  I surely didn't mind being a tour guide.  But, I need to find something that will put me in a better position to find a job in the "real" world. 
I am in my mid-thirties and internships aren't coming easily.  Or good jobs.  Because the economy still sucks.


Suggestions?


*side note to any student reading this.  Waiting tables is a great way to make money.  But it's easy to get caught up in the lifestyle. Oh, and it can lead to cynicism on a massive scale. You can ask the Bitter Waitress or watch the movie Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment