Friday, September 3, 2010

The First Days of School

     School started on Thursday.

     WHAT?  Why not on Monday or a Wednesday?  What kinda sense does that make?  Who knows.  All I know is that I was there.  Coming back, getting into the swing of things is really cool.  Now that I am in my second semester of University, I feel that I have everything under control and I am all Kool-n-the-Gang.  Now, for some simple observations.

     1.) I moved back into the dorms (which I am not in love with) but, since I didn't have a job, I gotta go with what I can afford.  However, this will probably be my last semester in the dorms, for two reasons.  the first is, I don't care for it here.  It's small and I share it with another dude.  We sleep  a foot away from each other.  My dorm room is the size of a hotel room because, it USED to be a hotel room.  My dorm is a converted Motel 6/Super 8/fill-in-the-blank.  I also have a good amount of things.  And you can't have people over. Especially, if you want female company (not THAT kind of company, perverts).  Just sayin'.  Plus, I didn't get my old roommate and it takes patience to put up with me at times.  He "got" me.  And that is saying a lot when you live  *that* close together.
    
     Second reason:  The dorms are cool, but I will be looking for a "real" job or internship soon and I need to start establishing for the future.  A more space with furniture and cooking facilities future.  The grown-up look future.  The, "Hey, let's get together at my place." future.  See where I am going?

     2.) People keep asking my stuff like I know things.  This is cool because it means I look like I belong.  SWEET!

     3.)  The college bookstore is a racket.  Every time I go there, I feel my wallet screaming from getting ass-raped.  I am taking a statistics class. $100+ for the book and $175 for a F'ING GRAPHING CALCULATOR?!?!?!  Another $175 and I would have a netbook and I could do the calculations while surfing the web through this boring class.

     4.)  I am going to my first college football game.  I am really excited for that.

     5.)  I GOT A JOB!!!  I start the paperwork tomorrow.  It is working for the Catering department at my University.  It wasn't the job I was really looking for, but hell, I need money sooo, yea.  Back to skills that pay the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment